Lump-sum Pension Withdrawl Payments

Non-Japanese residents enrolled in Japanese public pension for over six months are eligible to receive a portion of their payments back if they leave Japan before they become eligible to recieve pension benefits.

For more details please visit the website of the Japan Pension Service.

There are also provisions in place with certain countries to prevent double payment of pension contributions. For more details of the arrangements between Japan and your country please visit this page.